1. Why did you choose to relocate to Vilnius?
I moved to the Lithuanian city of Utena in 2020 and had been living there with my daughter for two years. This September, I decided moved to Vilnius to give my daughter more opportunities to study and grow in an international environment, meet new friends and enjoy all the places for kids in Vilnius.
2. How long have you been living here?
It’s only been a month so far, but I have visited the city often in the past two years.
3. How would you describe Vilnius?
Vilnius is a very lively and active city with well-developed infrastructure, services, and plenty of places for people to enjoy leisure time with family and friends.
4. Tell us a little bit about yourself. What do you do for a living, where are you from and what do you like to do in your free time?
I was actually born in Lithuania’s second-biggest city, Kaunas, but lived in Ukraine for most of my life. That’s why I decided to come back to Lithuania and restore my citizenship. I’m a marketer for the Ukrainian IT company Devart. In my free time I like travelling around Lithuania and the Baltic countries and spending as much time with my daughter as possible exploring Vilnius. I also like reading, practicing yoga and walking.
5. How did you hear about International House Vilnius?
I started following Go Vilnius right after I moved to Lithuania because I had so many questions about life in the country. In fact, their step-by-step relocation guide was exactly what I was looking for at the beginning. Then I found out about IH Vilnius and saw how useful it is for people who want to move to Lithuania’s capital.
6. When did you visit IH Vilnius and what issues where you trying to solve?
I visited IH Vilnius last week and my main question was about medical insurance. I had an appointment with a specialist from Sodra first, then was redirected to a tax service specialist regarding the registration process for self-employed professionals. Within 10 minutes I had my individual activity set up and all my questions answered about paying insurance for PSD.
7. Were you satisfied with our services?
I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly I was served and how conveniently everything is organized at IH Vilnius.
8. Would you recommend IH Vilnius to other foreigners?
Sure, I would definitely recommend IH Vilnius to others and will contact you again if I have any further questions.
9. In your opinion, what are the main relocation topics IH Vilnius should be focusing on?
It's hard to say because I found all the information and got all the help I needed through Go Vilnius and IH Vilnius. Thank you for everything you do! Moving to and organising life in Vilnius is so much easier with the services and support you provide.